I gotta say it somewhere. Pardon my French, but...
CANCER SUCKS.
It sucks for everyone. It sucks for the person with cancer and it sucks for the people taking care of them. It sucks for friends who feels powerless to do anything. It sucks for family members who have to watch their loved one fight it.
Treatment sucks.
Doctor visits suck.
Side effects suck BIG. TIME.
I hate cancer. I hate what fighting it is doing to my mother. I hate what the stress is doing to my family and myself. I hate that I'm probably going to lose my Mommy years earlier than I thought. I HATE that whatever there is about me that leaves me single means that--with no one currently on the horizon--I may eventually only have my mother with me in spirit when/if I do get married. I hate that because I've long felt like the one between my sister and I whose "job" it was to give our parents granddaughters (since she has all boys), now that my sister is having a girl, if I am totally honest, I feel like I have failed my Mom because my sister "had" to take over that duty. (I know that's probably not the case and I've taken it all on myself, but that's my reality nevertheless.)
I can't/won't drop the F-bomb myself ("sucks" is an evolution in vocabulary for me) so I'm going to let XKCD do it for me.
(A worthwhile look even if profanity offends you. Choose to get over
it for two minutes and click the link. Believe me: the profanity
applies.)
Cancer. Sucks.
((hugs)) I agree. Watching my mom fight cancer and not even to be able to be there with her sucks too. I HATE cancer. HATE! HATE! I wish your mom all the best. May her cancer up and move on out. Wouldn't that be nice?
ReplyDeleteThank you. I wish you and your mom the same. It's awful. It's just a waiting game, waiting to see which way it goes. It sucks so badly.
ReplyDelete