I went to bed last night realizing that tomorrow starts the main body of Conference. (I consider Relief Society and Young Women's Conferences to be part of the body of General Conference, just like Priesthood Session, in spite of the week between them.) I went to bed last night praying that the veil would be lifted from Mother's face. I woke this morning to pray again for understanding to come forth this weekend. I may or may not Fast. I probably should, I just don't know if it's feasible for me today. However, I will not stop praying. (Praying is a free action. /nerd joke)
Every day, I dress to honor God. Today I will also dress to honor Goddess.
Every day, I act in and by the name of God. Today, I will also act in and by the name of Goddess, that those I encounter will feel some part of Her love. I will do what I can to fill the need for a "Mother in a Motherless house."
Every day, I carry God in the song of my heart. Today, I will also carry Goddess in the music I play and the music I sing, that Her voice might be heard in the world.
I give thanks to God and Goddess for the inspiration for this Fast, for the growth it has brought me, and the journey I am on. I give thanks for the people with me on this journey and their kind words and support. I pray for the courage to share it with more people I know.
My hope is high, though the voice of my faith sounds a little shaky in my own ears. I know it may not come this weekend--that ultimately, I believe it is up to our Parents' timing, no matter what skeptics and naysayers would say about patriarchy and suppression--but I do believe it will come. I just pray that if my small efforts can be worth anything this weekend, they will be.
Please pray with me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for wanting to leave me a message. I hope you've found something I've said edifying, and you'll extend the same to me. Please be positive, I'm not here to argue, but rather to just have a place to write things that I find spiritually uplifting, or share my own ponderings on matters of faith. Thank you.