Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mother Fast 1: Preparation

Have you noticed the snazzy page I created to be an ongoing reminder?  It's right up there. ^  It's probably the easiest thing to link to as you share this movement with others.

Depending on how you fast, some time tonight is likely to be the beginning.  I won't dictate how anyone fasts; I just ask that in whatever manner you do it, it shows a willingness to sacrifice or set aside in favor of receiving blessings.  The amount of faith and effort we put forth will be directly proportionate to the quality of answers we receive.

Okay, enough lecture.

Suggested subject: Fast and pray primarily for the preparation of our people and our leaders to receive revelation about Heavenly Mother, and an increased desire in our hearts to know her and about her.
If you feel prompted to add something or concentrate a related subject, feel free, but as a group, I would like to focus our collective intention and faith on these things.  Please also contemplate whom you could share this movement with, who would be sympathetic and interested in participating.  We're as much missionaries to each other as we are to others.

I'd love to hear any stories and experiences you have this weekend and in the coming days, if you feel like sharing them in the comments.  Thank you in advance for your time, sacrifice, and faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to leave me a message. I hope you've found something I've said edifying, and you'll extend the same to me. Please be positive, I'm not here to argue, but rather to just have a place to write things that I find spiritually uplifting, or share my own ponderings on matters of faith. Thank you.